It’s officially official: We’re moving to England!
September 14, 2012 § 1 Comment
The news and information that we’ve been waiting for came through this week, so it is now officially official that we are moving to the UK!
Here are the details for those interested:
- John was offered a job in Cambridgeshire about 1 hr 1/2 drive (45 minute train ride) north of London (which he accepted)
- We will be flying out on October 3 (that is just shy of 3 weeks)
- We’ll be there for at least one year, but potentially up to 3.5 years
- We’ve known since late July we were moving, we just didn’t know the timeframe. Our house is sold, our things are in storage, and we’ve been living with my parents since then.
- The move is quick, but it actually feels like we’ve been waiting forever (it was our original understanding the start date was in mid-August, so we’ve been ready to ship out for over a month now)
We are excited, a little apprehensive, but mostly just looking forward to this adventure! We know there will be ups and downs, but we feel confident this is the path the Lord has for us, and we know that He will provide all we need over there (a church body, a place to live, a car to drive, etc.). I have plans to keep up with the blog, so for those who want to keep tabs on what we’re up to across the pond, check in here regularly or just follow my blog for updates.