Poor girl’s tea latte
January 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
I am an avid coffee drinker, however this morning I was really craving a tea latte. The only tea lattes I have had are chai, so I’m not sure if this tastes “right,” but it’s yummy and definitely worth a try!
- Two Earl Grey teabags (I was out of Earl Grey, but had Twinings Breakfast on hand, so that’s what I used)
- A cup of milk (approximately)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (vanilla flavored syrup would be better)
- Sugar or sweetener, to taste
- Boil water and pour into a mug making it half full.
- Place teabags in mug and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add vanilla to milk and heat on the stovetop, whisking until milk is warm and foamy. (I used a steamer attachment I have on my espresso maker, but I will probably often use the stovetop method because it is less cleanup).
- Remove teabags from mug and pour milk, adding foam on top.